Board >> Discuss Lessons >> Improvisation Course >> Solo on one chord: C Major

Page: 1

Dear Christiaan,

I'm going to try to learn this difficult solo.

At the begining, I see :

1/ the pull off is between the C and the B but, for the A, Stochelo use an upstroke

2/ The next note is a G with the normal stroke but Stochelo plays an other G with an upstroke before the next measure where we find an other G

3/ At the measure 4, Stochelo play an A just before the G in the measure 5

I don't know if I explain well what I want to say.

Do you confirm this points ?

Thanks for all you do Christiaan.

Regards,

Arié

--- Last Edited by Arié Sberro at 2011-11-13 15:22:38 ---
Stochelo moves his pick in swing 8ths in the first 7 bars. The first four times he indeed hits the A with an up stroke. But after the long D he plays double pull offs. I think the point is that it really doesn't matter in this case. I think Stochelo means to play double pull offs but since his pick is moving up anyway his pick sometimes hits the A.

There is also a soft A before bar 5 but again: I think it is just his pick hitting the open A string because it is moving up and for rhythmic purposes. But by all means: play the up strokes if it feels more natural!
Ok thanks Christiaan for your answers ans explanations.
Bar 32 gave me problems, and there is a bit in Artillerie Lourde bar 83. But I found, like Christiaan said, it seems if you look at the natural rhythm of the pick and the fingering you can work out what's going on.

Page: 1

Please login to post a reply.