Board >> Discuss Lessons >> Them There Eyes >> TNX!

Page: 1

Thank you! You guys are doing the great job!
I love this tune. The additional benefit that it's one of the tunes from the Nous'che course, so I'd like to tackle it. Which raises a point.

Very little lead experience - everything for about 1 1/2 years now has been rhythm. Common sense would be to pick a slower tempo tune, simple harmonic structure (Honeysuckle comes up quite a bit), but this tune, and another in D, Belleville, just grab me.

Christiaan, if you're reading this, pedagogically....even if one is a bit bored for the moment to hit the more common "standards," do you think some of the slower tempo tunes should nevertheless be gotten in first? Or, something like this tune(Them There Eyes, or Belleville, at speed, for example)...just a tune that piques interest, though daunting to get it in, especially at speed...approaching via your recommendation of very slow, few measures at a time...any specific thoughts?

--- Last Edited by Gadjovin at 2013-05-21 15:38:44 ---
Just chiming in here. Been practicing this one since November when it was available. I play it almost every day and can now play it at 80% of Stochelo tempo after having warmed up and worked up to the tempo through many playthroughs.

It is so enjoyable to play! I still love to play it as much now as when I started learning it. I really hope we can get more songs like this with the dominant cycles and christophe progression. Because songs with chord schemes like this really has it all. VERY usable licks for other songs. Some songs are not this rememberable although they are still good.

I agree, Belleville is a great one and would be very fun to learn.

Page: 1

Please login to post a reply.