Board >> Discuss Lessons >> Rythme Futur >> little "mistake"?

Page: 1

Hi, Christiaan.

In bar 9, the second note is played a half step higher as noticed (A instead of G#). And the same thing happens later :-)

By descending the melody, Stochelo plays G#, and by ascending, A on the 10th fret. I suppose Stochelo does it for physical reasons (in fact, I wonder if he does it consciously), and it just feels right when playing in real tempo.

Your notation is correct if you stay true to the melody as played by Django. But if you transcribe Stochelo's fingering, you should raise the second note in bar 9, 11, 13, 17, 19, 21, and the fourth note in bar 14 and 22.

hahaha! Christiaan! :-)
Stochelo plays 8 bars for intro, so the melody starts on bar 9 and not 8 as written. If you correct it, the notes to raise will be: first upbeat in bar 10, 12, 14, 18, 20, 22 and second upbeat in bar 15 and 23.

Best regards and thank you very much for this wonderful project.

Yes, I see now the bar numbers are not correct but I just leave it as is, it won't change anything :)

I already noticed that Stochelo plays an A. I changed that to a G# because that's the way Django plays it. I just forgot to mention it in the transcription after copying it a zillion times. You are right, I will make a note in the score about this. Thanks!

Page: 1

Please login to post a reply.