Board >> Discuss Lessons >> Rythme Futur >> Lead solo over G7-Ab7 chords

Page: 1

Hi Christiaan!
I want to ask about this great solo Stochelo playing.

When I try to play it in a natural tempo, or at least close to it (80-90%), my right wrist becoming in strong tension, and I don't have time to go from string to the next string. My right hand muscles like stones, hand petrifies, and I can't play it physically.
What can you advise to me in this place?

Thank you very much for answer!
Andrei
The key to playing this style with proper technique is complete relaxation. There can be no tension at all. So, slow it way down. Find the tempo on a metronome you can play it in while feeling completely relaxed. Then add 5 BPM to that tempo and try again, and then 5 BPM more etc. As soon as you feel tension creeping in dial the metronome back 15 BPM and repeat process. Do this every day and you will get to the right tempo eventually although, depending on the song and your current level, this might take you a while. Think months/years instead of days/weeks! Be patient with yourself and if you get frustrated it just means you are working towards new skills.
Ok, thank you, I'll follow all of your advices. Soon I may show you it on the video.
I would like you to look it, and said something which I have to work in terms of technique.

Page: 1

Please login to post a reply.