Board >> Discuss Lessons >> For Sephora >> Is this too hard for a beginner?

Page: 1

I really like this song. Is it too much for a beginner to try?

You could certainly try the melody. You could attempt the rest as well, just remember to play S-L-O-W-L-Y (as slow as you have to go to hit all the notes cleanly without stopping) and with metronome. Good luck!
Christiaan van Hemert said @ 2012-11-22 13:07:37:
You could certainly try the melody. You could attempt the rest as well, just remember to play S-L-O-W-L-Y (as slow as you have to go to hit all the notes cleanly without stopping) and with metronome. Good luck!
Thanks Christiaan, I just don't want to bite off more than I can chew. I was not sure if there was an order of complexity in this list of songs.
Actually, asking myself the same question - not For Sephora specifically (though I love it) but the idea of working songs one may love and want to work on - but they happen to be the more "advanced" pieces, at speed. E.g., for some reason, not too gaga for All of Me or Honeysuckle, more gaga for Them There Eyes, Belleville, and other, more "difficult" pieces.

If I can piggyback, asking a similar question - even if not as hot for some of the easier pieces, as a teacher would you recommend these anyway, or would you give a kind of pedagogical green light to work the more difficult, and more loved, pieces, albeit slowly?

Page: 1

Please login to post a reply.